Well, we've got four minutes to go and unless anything happens between now and midnight I think we will be spared. Our possible last day earth was spent in Luang Prabang - me at the guesthouse looking after a recovering Jed (he was the winner with 10 vomits) and Leo and Rich harvesting rice and ploughing a paddy with water buffalo (Leo has promised to blog about that soon). I went for a stroll this afternoon and captured some final pics before heading to the airport to board our Vietnam airlines flight for Hanoi. We were a little confused when it took off 45 minutes early but when I enquired the hostess told me that all 28 passengers had checked in so they thought they would just leave! We rattled down the runway and the overhead speakers malfunctioned and nearly deafened us. When the cabin lights "dimmed" it was pitch black and I wasn't so worried about the world ending today but thought it might be the day we all came to a grizzly end. Happy to say we arrived safely in Hanoi and jumped right back on the horse with a street food dinner. Delish.
Good news is its past midnight here and all is well.
Love youse to the moon n back.
Xxxx



















No comments:
Post a Comment